8 Days Kerala Itinerary
Duration: (07 Nights | 08 Days)
Day 01: Cochin Airport to Munnar
Day 02: Munnar Sightseeing Tour
Day 03: Munnar to Thekkady
Day 04: Thekkady to Kumarakom
Day 05: Kumarakom to Alleppey
Day 06: Alleppey to Cherai via Kochi
Day 07: Cherai: Excursion to Athirappilly & Vazhachal Waterfalls
Day 08: Cherai to Cochin Airport Drop
• Drive in the beautiful Western Ghats
• Visit Eravikulam National Park, Periyar Tiger Reserve & Kumarakom Bird sanctuary
• Explore tea & spice plantations
• Munnar (2N)
• Thekkady (1N)
• Kumarakom (1N)
• Alleppey Houseboat (1N)
• Cherai Beach (2N)
• Visit Kochi, Athirappilly, and Vazhachal waterfalls
• Room category & accommodation as desired
• 02 nights’ stay at Munnar with breakfast
• 01-night stay at Thekkady with breakfast
• 01-night stay at Kumarakom with breakfast
• 01-night stay at Alleppey houseboat with all meals
• 02 nights’ stay at Cherai with breakfast
• Transportation: All sightseeing tours by Ac Vehicle as per the itinerary
• Cochin Airport pick-up & drop
• Toll, parking, fuel & driver allowances
• All applicable taxes
• Train / Airfare
• Entrance fee for monuments and sightseeing places, boating charges, etc.
• Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees, room heater, etc.
• Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions
• Any expense incurred or loss caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays/rescheduling/cancellations, any accidents / medical evacuations, riots/strikes/war/roadblocks, & force majeure events, etc.
• Medical insurance/travel insurance
• Additional sightseeing charges or extra usage of the vehicle apart from the suggested itinerary
Day One: Where the Clouds Dance!
Arrival – Cochin International Airport | Munnar | En-route Stops: Cheeyappara & Valara Waterfalls + Karadippara Viewpoint
Arrive at Cochin International Airport (COK), Unplugged Life’s representative will receive you and you will be transferred to Munnar – The Tree Country of Kerala.
- Munnar is one of the sought-after hill stations in the Southern corner of India which produces the world’s finest tea.
- As you drive onward, a few brief halts at Karadippara View Point, Cheeyappara, and Valara waterfalls will be a part of the Day-One Itinerary.
- Karadippara ViewPoint: A high vantage point and a photo stop that rewards you with splendid views of the surrounding tea estates and distant hills.
- Cheeyappara Waterfalls: Cheeyappara cascades from a great height and ripples down seven steps of rock which are abruptly formed.
- Valara Waterfalls: A gorgeous waterfall along the Kochi-Munnar highway and also a landmark that signals that you are a short distance (12 km) away from Munnar.
- After your waterfall experience, sit back in your car, still the mind as we drive deep into the lap of nature until we reach Munnar. At the destination, check-in at the hotel, eat your meals and stroll in the vicinity.
- Enjoy the night at your own pace, and retire in your hotel room.
Day Two: A Slice of Paradise at 5026 ft.
Munnar Sightseeing: Mattupetty Dam | Echo Pt. | Photo Pt. | Kundala Dam | Rose Garden | Eravikulam National Park | Tea Museum & Factory | Hydel Park
Savor a hearty breakfast before you leave for a sightseeing tour of Munnar on Day 2. The places that you will explore today are:
- Mattupetty Dam: Almost 13 KM off the Munnar town, Mattupetty Dam is a great spot to spend your afternoons. The vast expanse of the lake is a phenomenal sight from the concrete dam which is installed at 1,700 m. above sea level, making its name in the list of highest Dams in Munnar.
- Echo Point: At 600 ft. above sea level, the Echo point marked as a meeting junction of three mountains – Muthirapuzha, Nallathanni, and Kundala encircling a picturesque lake. The sheer enthusiasm of screaming at the top of your lung is what exactly we all do here.
- Kundala Dam: Asia’s first Arch dam- Kundala Dam is laced with nature. The verdant landscape consists of rolling hills, a blanket of cherry blossoms and if you get lucky, you may find the famous Neela Kurunji flowers which bloom only once every twelve years.
- Rose Garden: It is a two-acre sprawling maze of pretty flowers like Dahlias, Rose, Chrysanthemums, and plants like pepper, cardamom, vanilla, etc. at a height of 3500 feet above the sea level.
- Eravikulam National Park: The endangered Nilgiris Tahr calls Eravikulam National Park its safe haven. Sprawled in a total area of 97 square kilometers in the Devikulam Taluk of Idukki district, the park hosts the highest peak of South India – Anamudi (2695 m).
- Return to your hotel, indulge in a heart-warming meal and take a goodnight’s sleep.
Day Three: Spice it up in Thekkady!
3-4 hrs. drive from Munnar to Thekkady | Visit Spice Plantation | Elephant Park | Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary | Watch Kathakali or Kalaripayattu Show
- To spice things up, you will start on a drive further south and visit Thekkady post breakfast.
Thekkady is fondly known as The Cardamom Hills of Kerala. Get ready for an aromatic tour of the land of spices.
- You’ll start with the Spice Plantations where you will smell, taste, and learn about many plants that are used as spices in India and overseas from a seasoned guide.
- Next, enjoy the sheer indulgence of the Elephant safari at Elephant Park. If you wish, you can bathe, shower, and feed the Elephants in the park. The park falls en route to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary which will be your next destination.
- Spread along the Northern bank of the Periyar river, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is home to diverse wildlife such as exotic birds, ages-old trees, deep-rooted mangroves, and a rich population of animals such as Leopard, Sloth Bear, Elephants, and Jungle cats, etc.
- After a thrilling jungle tour, prepare to take a cultural & artistic glance at Kerala. Watch a show of Kalaripayattu or Kathakali in the evening; the two very famous and respected art forms of Kerala. Kathakali art pieces tell stories through dance movements, gestures, and expressions while Kalaripayattu at the same time is a form of Martial art and includes agile gymnastic movements.
- Return to the hotel, enjoy a satiating dinner & rest for the night.
Day Four: Backwaters and Beyond!
Kumarakom | Vembanad Lake | Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
After a filling breakfast, drive to the cluster of islands in the coastal village of Kumarakom.
Hemmed in by canals, lagoons & countless coconut trees; Kumarakom is a quaint little village set along the banks of Vembanad Lake – the largest lake in Kerala.
- As you reach Kumarakom, check-in at the resort and freshen up to leave for Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, also known as Vembanad Bird Sanctuary.
- Spread over 14 acres of land on the southern bank of the Kavanaugh River, this sanctuary is every birdwatcher’s delight. Capture many exotic and local birds with your camera lens before we sit for lunch.
- Post lunch, spend your day indulging in water activities. You can go for sunset canoeing or choose for sunrise canoeing in the morning.
- Enjoy the resort activities for the rest of the day, treat yourself to a nice palatable dinner, and spend the night in the comfort of your resort room.
Day Five: Little Adventure in Little Venice!
Kumarakom to Alleppey (40 km) | Cruise Ride | Houseboat Stay
Tucked away on the southern tip of India is a coastal city of lagoons, beaches, palm-fringed canals, lakes, and laid-back traditional houseboats bobbing & cruising over the famed backwaters of Kerala.
- Kickstart your morning with a fabulous southern breakfast and embark on a short excursion to Alleppey from Kumarakom.
- After reaching Alleppey, you will board a cruise that commences on a day-long expedition at 1200 hours.
- The cruise will navigate you along the narrow canals and will take you through timeless temples, churches & water mills, etc.
- Treat yourself to an authentic lunch of appam, Malayali parathas, and ghee dosas, or get the taste of some exotic delicacies made with freshwater fish, shrimps, prawns, crabs, and squids.
- Post lunch, add a touch of authenticity to your time in Alleppey by guzzling down some fresh local palm wine – known as
- In the evening, your boat is docked for a peaceful overnight stay. The dinner is served on board.
Day Six: A day in the bustling port city – Kochi!
Kochi City Tour- Santa Cruz Basilica | Mattancherry Palace | St. Francis Church | Fort Kochi & Beach | Transfer to Cherai Beach | Stay in Cherai
As you wake up from your peaceful slumber, get started with a delicious breakfast, and then set out for Kochi. Spend your day visiting the popular attractions of Cochin city:
- Santa Cruz Basilica: Considered as one of the heritage edifices of Kerala, Santa Cruz Basilica is one of the nine Basilicas in Kerala & is one of the finest and most impressive churches in India
- Mattancherry Palace: Mattancherry Palace dates its history back to 1545 C.E. Located at around 12 km from Ernakulam, it is another striking Landmark that was built by the Portuguese. It later became popular as the Dutch Palace as it underwent major repairs at the hands of the Dutch.
- Francis Church: One of the oldest churches built by the Europeans & was established in 1503. It flaunts a unique wooden & mud-based architecture.
- Fort Kochi & Beach: Fort Kochi is a former Portuguese bastion that was established in1503. It was built as a sign of the strategic alliance between the Maharaja of Cochin and the Portuguese Monarch. The special attraction here is the Chinese Fishing Nets spread on Fort Kochi Beach.
- Later, transfer to Cherai Beach. Check-in at the resort, spend the day leisurely. Dinner & overnight stay in Cherai.
Day Seven: Wet, Wild, & Wonderful!
Cherai: Excursion to Athirapally & Vazhachal Waterfalls
- Gorge on your morning breakfast and gear up for a trek in the rainforests of Sholayar you will enjoy an arsenic glance at the scintillating and the most adorned waterfall of Kerala – Athirapally.
- You will take a couple of hours to reach the cascading beauty that falls from a height of 80 ft. and is the largest waterfall in the region.
- Get splashed & sprinkled under the mighty falls and sit for lunch at a nearby joint.
- 7 km off the Athirapally trail lies the next hidden wonder, another refreshing waterfall at your sight – Vazhachal Waterfall.
- Enjoy the day exploring the off-the-beaten trails and return to your resort. Enjoy some beach time at Cherai beach and then call it a day in the comfort of your resort amenities.
- Overnight in Cherai.
Day Eight: Hope You had The Time of your Life!
Cherai to Kochi Airport (Drop)
- Wave goodbye to your sojourn in Kerala as you set out on your return journey.
- After breakfast, our representative will transfer you to Cochin airport for departure.
- When you upload the snippets of your coastal adventure on the internet, remember to tag us. We’re everywhere and would love to share your happy faces on our walls.