7 Days Amritsar - Dalhousie - Dharamshala Tour
Duration: (06 Nights | 07 Days)
Day 01: Arrive in Amritsar / (Attari – Wagah Border)
Day 02: Amritsar to Dalhousie
Day 03: Dalhousie: Excurison to Khajjiar and Chamba
Day 04: Dalhousie to Dharamshala/McLeod Ganj
Day 05: McLeod Ganj Local Tour
Day 06: McLeod Ganj to Amritsar
Day 07: Amritsar Airport Drop
• View the sacred Akal Takht at Golden Temple
• Visit Jallianwala Bagh in Amritsar
• Celebrate the Indian Army at Attari – Wagah Border
• Enjoy scenic views of Khajjiar & Chamba
• Visit popular temples and churches in the region
• Observe scenic views of Ravi River & Chameri Dam
• Get a chance to spot Mani Mahesh at Chamba
• Visit the Dalai Lama Temple
• Take a dip in the cold water of Bhagsu falls
• Room category & accommodation as desired
• 02 nights’ stay in Amritsar with breakfast
• 02 nights’ stay in Dalhousie with dinner & breakfast
• 02 nights’ stay at Dharamshala with dinner & breakfast
• Transportation: Local sightseeing tours by non-ac vehicle as per the itinerary
• Amritsar airport pick-up & drop
• Toll, parking, fuel & driver allowances
• All applicable taxes
• Train / Air Fare
• Entrance fee for monuments and sightseeing places, etc.
• Room heater charge
• Any adventure activity such as paragliding, snow skating, horse riding, river crossing, rafting, etc.
• Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees, room heater, etc.
• Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions
• Any expense incurred or loss caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays/rescheduling/cancellations, any accidents / medical evacuations, riots/strikes/war/roadblocks, & force majeure events, etc.
• Medical insurance/travel insurance
• Additional sightseeing charges or extra usage of the vehicle apart from the suggested itinerary
Day 01: Celebrate the Indian Army
Arrive in Amritsar / (Attari – Wagah Border)
- After arriving at Amritsar Airport, you will be welcomed by Unplugged’s Life representative who will further escort you to your Hotel.
- You may relax and by the afternoon your vacation begins with us!
- Post lunch set out on a journey to the Attari-Wagah Border. Let your heart swell with pride as you see the marching army and witness the flag-raising.
- India and Pakistan have been indulging in this daily military security forces practice regime jointly since 1959.
- After experiencing some of the prestigious moments at the border, you will be back to your hotel to enjoy some time off.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 02: Pine & Peace
Trip to Dalhousie | En route Sightseeing
- Devour on some mouth-watering breakfast and gear up for mountain adventure in the mighty Himalayan ranges.
- Wander and wonder in the quaint little town of Dalhousie – hemmed in by the five hills of Dhauladhar mountain range in the Himalayas.
- Get ready to experience some unreal sights around the beautiful colony of Dalhousie. Travel at a leisurely pace and relax in the peaceful setting of the Himalayas.
- Dinner and overnight stay at a hotel atop a hill.
Day 03: Dalhousie: Excursion to Khajjiar & Chamba
Khajjiar: Mini Kailash and Nationalist Memorial to Chamera Dam View Point
- Begin your day with a patriotic spirit as you visit Ajit Singh Smarak en route to Panchpula – a revered monument dedicated to the rebellious nationalist Ajit Singh. He was celebrated for his determination to snatch freedom from the Britishers.
- Next up in the day plan comes Khajjiar. There will be a range of recreational activities available for you to indulge in. Rekindle your adventure spirit with activities like zorbing, paragliding, etc. (at additional cost).
- Next follows a tour of Mani Mahesh popularly known as Mini Kailash. It falls en route to Chambaen. Later on, visit the revered site of Lakshmi Narayan Temple, an exemplary example of 10th-century architecture.
- Chamundi Devi Temple for Goddess Kali is also a part of your day three itinerary. It is believed to be a 750 years old temple which is nothing less than an intriguing sight.
- Later, feast your soul with the beauty of river Ravi and Chamera Dam View Point as you take a journey back to Dalhousie.
Day 04: From High-Altitude Town to Monks of Lama Temple
McLeod Ganj sightseeing: Dalai Lama Temple, TsuglagKhang Complex, Kalachakra Temple & McLeod Ganj Main Market
- The beautiful cedar woods, the sky-soaring mountains, and the snow-clad peaks of Dharamshala await your arrival on day four.
- Today, you will be exploring Dalai Lama’s main temple – the TsuglagKhang complex. The Praying Wheel and Buddha Idols will follow post the temple visit. The Dalai Lama Temple – is a holy residence of monks that also features a Buddha statue and a lot of nooks and corners to simply saunter around.
- The next destination is the Tibetan Museum – a great place to study Tibetan history and learn about the age-old culture and occupational practices of Tibet. The museum was established in 1998 and has been a major monument to drive tourist footfall in the area.
- After learning the history, you will make your way to Kalachakra Temple and later walk around McLeod Ganj main market.
- Dinner & overnight stay at a hotel in McLeod Ganj.
Day 05: Mcleodganj and around!
Mcleodganj sightseeing: Bhagsu Temple, Bhagsu Fall, St. John’s Gothic Church, Dal Lake & Naddi
- Today, you will see the famous BhagsuNag waterfall and spend your day on this lengthy water trail under the rocky mountains. An idyllic setting to simply sit in solace and gaze at the tufty clouds.
- En route, we will take a brief stop at the Bhagsu Nath temple. Established after King Bhagsu, the temple encompasses a man-made pool encircled by rich vegetation. The highlight of the temple is its surrounding greenery and the man-made pools. Enjoy a dip in its warm waters.
- From here, take the trail to the famous falls of Bhagsu and a mountain-top café. Get some refreshment and tea, if you wish, take a dip in the cold water of Bhagsu falls and soak in the sun.
- Later in the evening, visit St. John’s Gothic church. A timeless piece of art circumscribed by deodar trees and verdant greenery gives you a perfect landscape to click as many selfies and pictures as you like.
- Spend the rest of the evening ambling around Dal Lake and gazing at spectacular sunsets at the Naddi Viewpoint.
- Dinner & overnight stay at a hotel in Mcleodganj.
Day 06: WaheGuru Ji Da Khalsa WaheGuru Ji Ki Fa
Golden Temple | Jalian Wala Bagh
- After arrival in Amritsar, Golden Temple is going to be your first stop. Golden Temple is also known as Harmandir Sahib or Darbar Sahib. It is a highly revered and renowned Gurudwara in the country and believed to be the purest to practice Sikhism.
- The Throne of Immortals and Highest Seat of the authority of Khalsa – also known as Akal Takht will also be a part of your day six plan.
- A tour to the Jillian Wala Bagh is a must-visit addition to learn the historical event that tells the tale of resilience and valour. On April 13th, 1919 – a British official commanded the biggest massacre ever recorded in the history of India The monument is still preserved to remember and commemorate the martyrs who died in the massacre.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Amritsar.
Day 07: Goodbyes Are Never Easy!
Hope to see you again!
- Our executive will drop you at the Amritsar airport for your return journey.
- As we wave goodbyes, remember us in your social media posts and tag us so that we can share your journey on our sites as well. Would be waiting to see your happy faces on the internet. Keep smiling and keep travelling!