PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. The purchase/payment of any travel services offered by Unplugged Life constitutes a contractual arrangement between the Traveler (“you”) and Unplugged Life, and represents your acceptance of Unplugged Life Terms & Conditions. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. As the lead traveler, you accept and confirm you have authority and consent to accept, these Unplugged Life Terms & Conditions for yourself and all members of your traveling party.
2. Terms & Conditions are accurate at the time of printing and are subject to change prior to booking. You are advised to check on the websites or request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions from your Travel Agent or Unplugged Life prior to booking your vacation.
3. Once we have secured your bookings for the chosen trip, we request for a fifty percent advance payment and the balance amount to be paid to us thirty days prior to the start of your trip.
4. We desire the advance payments for a smooth and timely processing of your travel plan. We insist on the same as:
A) We book and e-mail the tickets to you as soon as we confirm your travel plan (In case your tour is inclusive of Flights/buses/taxis).
B) We pay a hundred percent advance to procure all your hotel reservations.
C) We pay a hundred percent advance to car hires.
D) If your trip is starting within less than thirty days then we ask for a full advance payment once we have secured all your bookings.
5. Payment of the deposit indicates you have read and accepted our Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until the full payment is made and you receive a confirmation invoice from Unplugged Life.
CANCELATION & REFUNDS
6. In the event of booking of any third party tours or travel products or services like cruise, flights, coaches, etc, the Terms and Conditions specified by such Tour Operator, including their cancellation, refunds etc. shall be applicable, in addition to our Terms & Conditions.
7. Hotel amounts as per individual hotel cancellation policies. i.e. If a hotel refunds us the full or part payment we would refund that amount to you.
8. Wildlife Safaris cancellation: All the wildlife safaris booked into any of Indian Wildlife National Park/Sanctuaries are non-refundable. Even date change request will be considered as a cancellation and no payment will be refunded/ adjusted against it.
9. We do not refund any of the Unplugged Life consultation or booking fees.
10. We refund the payments via bank transfer within four weeks after your cancellation date. The desired time for refunding is necessary to collect the refunds from respective hotels, airlines, buses, car hires.
REVISIONS & REVISION FEES
11. INR 2000/- per person will be charged by Unplugged Life for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after deposit is received. Any revision to a booking, including, but not limited to, flight cancellations or name changes may result in the loss of confirmed airline reservations or increased airfare, which will be payable by you.
12. Rescheduling of the trip will depend on the availability of the hotels. If in-case the selected accommodation is full, the cancellation charges for the hotel will be applicable as per the hotel policy and a new booking will be made.
13. A change of traveler name, vacation date, or itinerary within final payment will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; vacation and airfare cancellation fees, as above, apply.
14. You are responsible for verifying everything on your invoice is accurate and complete, including dates of travel, options selected, and that each name matches the relevant passport. Unplugged Life cannot accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within 2 days of sending out the invoice. In the case of billing errors, Unplugged Life reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
15. You are responsible for checking all travel documentation immediately it is received. If you consider any document to be incorrect or have a query in relation to its contents, you need to notify Unplugged Life of your concern and we shall respond as soon as possible.
16. It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo IDs (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License).
17. Travelers who are under 18 years old on the departure date must be accompanied by an adult throughout the vacation, and are requested to share an adult’s accommodation.
18. If a child will be traveling with adults other than the parents or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarized letter be written by the parents or non-traveling parent granting authorization to travel, including the dates of travel. We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
OUR LIABILITIES & LIMITATIONS
19. Please note that after the finalization of the tour/service cost, if there are any Hike in entrance fees of monuments/museums, taxes, hotel rates, fuel cost or guide charges, the same would be charged as extra.
20. Unplugged Life act only in the capacity of an agent for the hotels, airlines, transporters, railways & contractors providing other services & all exchange orders, receipts, contracts & tickets issued by us are issued subject to terms & conditions under which these services are provided by them.
21. All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants, etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well-being.
22. Our rates are based on the prevailing rates as negotiated by us with the hotels, airlines, etc. Hotels and Airlines retain the right to modify the rates without notice. In case of such changes the rates quoted before the modification can be changed by us according to the modifications by hotels or airlines. All hotel bookings are based on the usual check-in and check-out time of the hotels until unless indicated in the itinerary.
23. We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the program or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accident, breakdown of machinery or equipments, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
24. We shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
25. We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. Visitors are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. All baggage & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.
26. Package rates are subject to availability at the time of booking. Rates can be changed without prior notice.
27. Airfare may be purchased through Unplugged Life for travel originating from India. All carriers are independent operators and are not owned, managed, or operated by Unplugged Life. Your airline ticket is a contract between you and the air carrier only, even if you purchase through Unplugged Life. By purchasing your air services through Unplugged Life, you waive all liability for Unplugged Life for such air services.
28. Unplugged Life is not responsible if an airline cancels, reschedules, or delays a flight for any reason. If you purchased air through Unplugged Life, we will try to assist in making new arrangements, provided you have not already checked in with your airline for your first flight segment. After check-in, you must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements, including amendments to return services. Airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline-imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline directly at the time of the request.
29. If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your responsibility to work with the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds will be provided by Unplugged Life for portions of trips missed due to canceled, rescheduled or delayed flights after airport check-in, nor is Unplugged Life responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection.
30. For air purchased through Unplugged Life, if any air schedule requires an overnight stay in a gateway city, Unplugged Life can assist you with hotel reservations; however, the cost of the overnight stay (including, but not limited to, hotel and meals) is your expense. Air routings are subject to availability. Routings are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any time.
31. If you make your own flight arrangements, Unplugged Life will not be responsible for any loss resulting from cancellation or changes in international gateways, itineraries, or travel dates. We recommend that you do not purchase airline tickets with high penalty charges for changes.
VISAS & PASSPORTS
32. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements necessary for your vacation. You are responsible for obtaining independently and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. Unplugged Life cannot accept liability for any passenger refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the passenger to carry correct documentation or adhere to specific entry and exit requirements.
33. You must have a passport to travel internationally. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when traveling. Multiple-entry visas are required for some vacations. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
34. Alcohol consumption is not allowed on board Unplugged Life motor coaches.
35. For your safety and comfort, we advise you to not trouble the cab driver as any requests to drive the car will not be entertained.
36. Unplugged Life will not be responsible for any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss sustained as a result of your participation in any trip with us, due to any cause whatsoever, including without any limitation, negligence on the part of Unplugged Life, its staff and licensor.
37. Additional sightseeing charges or extra usage of vehicle apart from the suggested itinerary will be charged extra.
HOTELS & ACCOMMODATIONS
38. The hotels listed on the website or in the brochure are intended to be used on all departures; however, hotels are not guaranteed. Unplugged Life reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed on the itinerary pages. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, including alternate hotels for additional departures on the same date, or hotel location changes within or outside itinerary cities, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those shown. No refunds are provided for hotel changes; full cancellation penalties, as noted above, apply.
39. Unplugged Life books double-bedded rooms. Twin-bedded rooms may be requested but are never guaranteed. Triple rooms are the same size as twin-bedded rooms and are at the discretion of the hotel. Triple rooms will have beds to accommodate three people, but three separate beds cannot be guaranteed. The additional bed, if available, is often a roll-away bed put in for the night. If there are only two beds, a roll-away may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. Some hotels do not offer triple rooms. When a triple room is not available, hotels may provide one twin-bedded room and one single room.
40. Single supplements ensure your own room, not necessarily a twin or double-bedded room. Single rooms in hotels are generally smaller in size and maybe less conveniently located.
41. Room and bed preferences are not guaranteed.
42. Check-in times vary worldwide; Unplugged Life cannot control or guarantee check-in times.
43. Though hotels may have air-conditioning as a listed amenity, the usage of air-conditioning is often not available at night. Other restrictions may apply. Unplugged Life has no control over air-conditioning restrictions and regulations.
MEDICAL & HEALTH
44. Unplugged Life does not employ medical personnel. Any medical attention you require while traveling with Unplugged Life must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis. All related charges are at your expense. Unplugged Life cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or for the quality of the care or services.
45. Unplugged Life reserves the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who shows signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety, or behavior-related assessment is at the sole discretion of Unplugged Life.
46. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis and/or any other medically-related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at the time of services.
47. Passengers will be allowed to rejoin Unplugged Life with confirmed medical certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating the passenger is fit to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to other passengers.
SERVICE INQUIRIES AFTER THE VACATION
48. As it is difficult and sometimes impossible to properly investigate a complaint if Unplugged Life is not advised of such complaint quickly, any compensation you may have been able to claim could be reduced or even forfeited if you do not follow the complaints procedure set out in this clause.
49. After returning from your vacation, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Unplugged Life.
50. Any complaint or claim involving the vacation services offered in the Unplugged Life brochure or on the Unplugged Life website, involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to the vacation participant, must be notified to Unplugged Life while on vacation or within 30 days of the vacation completion, except where such time limitations are prohibited by law.
51. During local or national holidays or special events, peak seasons, on Sundays, and during religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, churches, restaurants, sightseeing tours, hotels, and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. Unplugged Life cannot be held responsible for any closures, necessary itinerary changes, or curtails for any reason.
52. It is your responsibility to ensure that you and the members of your party do not behave in a way which causes offence or danger to others or which risks damage to property belonging to others. In such circumstances all suppliers (e.g. hotel managers, airline pilots) and Unplugged Life has the right to terminate arrangements made on your behalf, in which case Unplugged Life is not responsible to you ceases immediately and there can be no refunds, no payment of compensation, and no reimbursement of any cost or expenses you may incur as a result. Further, you will be liable to reimburse Unplugged Life for any expenses whatsoever it incurs as a result of your behaviour.
53. If you have any special requests, these will be passed on to the relevant supplier but cannot be guaranteed by Unplugged Life.
54. Be aware that during your participation on vacations operated by Unplugged Life, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including, but not limited to: the hazards of traveling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. Unplugged Life will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While Unplugged Life will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a vacation and/or optional excursions, you agree that you will hold Unplugged Life harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. Unplugged Life is not responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates you accept these risks and dangers and agree to hold Unplugged Life harmless for such.
55. Unplugged Life reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point and shall be excused from performance under these Terms & Conditions to the extent it is prevented from or delayed from performing, in whole or in part, as a result of an event or series of events caused by or resulting due to reasons including but not limited to force majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, political/security (defence/military) unrest, VIP moments, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of a visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
56. The trade name Unplugged Life is registered under the Indian Trade Marks Act 1999. Any infringing/misusing of the same is liable for prosecution and penalty.