7 Days Amritsar - Dalhousie - Dharamshala Tour
Duration: (06 Nights | 07 Days)
Day 01: Arrive in Amritsar / (Attari – Wagah Border)
Day 02: Amritsar to Dalhousie
Day 03: Dalhousie: Excurison to Khajjiar and Chamba
Day 04: Dalhousie to Dharamshala
Day 05: Dharamshala/McLeod Ganj Local Tour
Day 06: Dharamshala to Amritsar
Day 07: Amritsar Airport Drop
• Visit Jallianwala Bagh in Amritsar
• Enjoy adventure sports at Khajjiar
• Visit Ajit Singh Smarak at Panchpula, Dalhousie
• Observe scenic views of Ravi River & Chameri Dam
• Get a chance to spot Mani Mahesh at Chamba
• Visit the HPCA Stadium in Dharamshala
• View the sacred Akal Takht at Golden Temple
• Room category & accommodation as desired
• 02 nights’ stay in Amritsar with breakfast
• 02 nights’ stay in Dalhousie with dinner & breakfast
• 02 nights’ stay at Dharamshala with dinner & breakfast
• Transportation: Local sightseeing tours by non ac vehicle as per the itinerary
• Amritsar airport pick-up & drop
• Toll, parking, fuel & driver allowances
• All applicable taxes
• Train / Air Fare
• Entrance fee for monuments and sightseeing places, etc.
• Permit Cost for Rohtang pass if any applicable
• Room heater charge
• Any adventure activity such as paragliding, snow skating, horse riding, river crossing, rafting etc.
• Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees, room heater, etc.
• Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions
• Any expense incurred or loss caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays / rescheduling / cancellations, any accidents / medical evacuations, riots/strikes/war/road blocks, & force majeure events, etc.
• Medical insurance/travel insurance
• Additional sightseeing charges or extra usage of vehicle apart from the suggested itinerary
DAY 01: ARRIVE IN AMRITSAR / ATTARI – WAGAH BORDER
Arrive at Amrisar Airport and relax. In the afternoon, proceed to Attari – Wagah Border to witness the prestigious lowering of the flag’s ceremony – daily military practice that the security forces of India and Pakistan have jointly followed since 1959.
Head back to your hotel and rest of the evening at your own leisure.
DAY 02: AMRITSAR TO DALHOUSIE
After breakfast, proceed to Dalhousie – tiny tinsel town spread across five hills near the Dhaulandhar mountain range in state of Himachal Pradesh. Upon arrival we have free time for relaxing and explore surrounding of this beautiful colonial town.
DAY 03: DALHOUSIE: EXCURSION TO KHAJJIAR AND CHAMBA
Today we visit Ajit Singh Smarak – memorial dedicated to revolutionary nationalist Ajit Singh during the time of British Rule in India, at Panchpula and we proceed to Khajjiar – famous as Mini Switzerland. Here those who are with adventure spirit can experience thrilling activities like zorbing, paragliding, etc. at an additional cost. In the afternoon, we proceed to Chamba en route we get a chance to view the Mani Mahesh Mountain Range popularly known as Mini Kailash. Upon arrival we visit Lakshmi Narayan Temple – built in the 10th century and known for its architecture followed by visit to Chamundi Devi Temple – nestled on spur of Shah Madar range of hills dedicated to Goddess Kali. In the afternoon we drive back to Dalhousie en route we enjoy beautiful vistas of Ravi River and enjoy mesmerizing view of surroundings from Chamera Dam View Point.
Day 04: DALHOUSIE TO DHARAMSHALA
Today we proceed to Dharamshala – formerly known as Bhagsu and famed as the holy residence of Dalai Lama important monk of Tibetan Buddhism. Upon arrival we have free time for relaxing and explore surroundings.
Day 05: DHARAMSHAL/MCLEOD GANJ LOCAL TOUR
Start the day by visiting HH Dalai Lama’s main temple, before moving on to the Tibetan Museum and the Kalachakra temple. McLeod Ganj, the “Little Lhasa”, around 10 kms away from Dharamsala. Head to the Bhagsunath temple, a shrine built by King Bhagsu dedicated to lord Shiva. Surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful man-made pools, it’s a place for not just the devout, but also nature lovers.
A short walk from the temple lies Bhagsu Falls, a pretty cascade of milky white water. Refresh yourself with a dip in its chilled waters or just sit by the café nearby and listen to the music of nature.
Later in the evening, visit St. John’s, a church made in Gothic style and flanked by deodar trees. Nearby lies the Dal Lake. Its emerald waters are enclosed by pine forests, with snow-clad mountains watching over it. Wind up for the day after catching a magical sunset at Naddi, a scenic viewpoint.
Day 06: DHARAMSHALA TO AMRITSAR
Today we proceed to Amritsar. Upon arrival we visit Golden Temple – also known as Harmandir Sahib or Darbar Sahib is the holiest Gurdwara and the most important pilgrimage site of Sikhism, here we also see Akal Takht – throne of immortal and highest seat of authority of Khalsa followed by visit to Jallianwala Bagh – a historic garden and memorial of national importance preserved in the memory of those who were killed in the Jallianwala Massacre that happened on 13th April 1919.
Day 07: AMRITSAR AIRPORT DROP
Amritsar Airport Drop